Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Ding Dong the CAT is... dead?


I have some bad news to share.  But don’t worry or think the worst.  Richard is not Dead (You can all breathe a sigh of relief now…)



Do you remember in the early years of high school when your friends were your World.  When if one of your best friends crossed you, you would say “You’re soooo dead to me right now!”  And you’d put your hand up like you were directing traffic. 

No?  

Well, neither can I.   It must have been one of those catchy phrases of the 90s.  
Maybe the Spice Girls said it.

Anyway, I digress.

The point is that I don’t think I LIKE Richard anymore.  The CAT-CAT LADY relationship might be over. 

It all started when I got a job.  Suddenly I didn’t have time to devote to Him and to write about Him on this very blog.  I must admit the honeymoon was over very quickly.




But I don’t think I’m ALL to blame for this.  About one month after moving in here, Richard started bringing ‘presents’ into the house.  Small birds, field mice, lizards.  

Some of them came in the dead variety, some in the almost dead variety, and some still hanging on.    
I must admit when it comes to little creatures, I can be a bit of a girl about it all.   
Screaming and dancing on the spot is usually how I cope with a creature in the house.  So, needless to say I didn’t really appreciate Richard’s ‘presents’. 

So we talked about it.  I told Him how I was feeling.  He said nothing and stared out the window.


Sigmund Freud once said:  “Time spent with cats is never wasted” 

Breakups are hard.  But I'm sure Richard will get over it soon enough.  After all, cat's have an amazing ability to not care what anyone else thinks.

More importantly, what about me?  How does this affect my status as “Cat Lady”.  
I can’t be a cat lady without at least one cat that loves me…


Spinster.  That’s what I’ll be.  I can knit you know!




‘Dead to me’
-The expression of such utter distaste for a person or object that it calls for the personal denial of its worldly existance. Can be used to express disintrest, hatred, or something/someone that has gone out of style.

“Torn jeans are so last season. They're dead to me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment